AZ Shunt Driver
- Toronto, Ontario
- Monday to Friday (occasional Saturday)
- 5:30 AM start daily, 7-9 hours shift and overtime after 44 hours
- Permanent Full-Time
- AZ licence required with Clean CVOR
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading live poultry transportation company know for their best-in-class service to their customers and have a reputation for having long-term employees. They are committed to their employees, offer an environment that has strong family values and believes in work-life balance.
This would be an ideal position for anyone experience driving in the city, in tight areas, that likes a fast-paced environment and opportunities for growth.
What you will be doing:
- Shunt trailers around yard from holding barn to processing bay
- Monitor animal welfare while trailers are in holding barn
- Weigh empty and loaded trailers ensure that they are remaining within regulations
- Tarping, strapping and chaining of the loaded truck
- Park trailers in holding barn
Why is this job right for you:
- AZ License with 2 years of relevant experience
- Clean Driver’s Abstract and CVOR
- Effectively communicate with other drivers and dispatcher on a daily basis
- You genuinely care about how food is processed and believe in Farm to Table
- Have an interest or background in responsible farming and dealing with animals
- Take pride in the work you do
- Able to work steadily and safely all the time
- Willingness to be around poultry
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (647) 838-2522.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.