Our client is a market leading integrated oil company and they have an immediate need for a Construction Site Representative (CSR) – Mechanical Supervisor / Horizontal Directional Driller to work a Lloydminster based project on a 6 and 1 rotation. This a short contract needing to start immediately and run through November 30, 2019.
REASON FOR OPENING/PROJECT:
New Position – CSR- Mechanical Supervisor Directional Driller
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The main function of the Construction Manager/Supervisor is to coordinate and monitor Contractors' activities to ensure compliance with the Contract as relates to Scope, project standards, specifications and design drawings. Represents our client to the contractors and provides direction and support to facilitate the safe and efficient execution of the work
- Reports to the Construction Superintendent.
- Responsible for HSE and overall site security.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient performance of all construction activities, in compliance with construction contracts, specifications, IFC drawings and for completion of all works within the budget and schedule constraints.
- Responsible for the coordination of day-to-day site activities, including coordinating with CMT, construction contractors and Operations.
- Attending construction progress meetings.
- Reporting construction progress on a regular basis and any issues / constraints that may impact construction activities, safety, construction costs and construction schedule.
- Reviews and makes final recommendations to the Project Manager for change requests and RFIs, and submits these requests to the Project Manager for review prior to giving site approval.
- Responsible for the inventory and management of free-issue material.
- Responsible for overseeing overall field quality control and H&S activities and for compliance with project / site Quality Control and H&S procedures.
- Responsible for attending and reviewing incident investigations, including HSE related violations.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Supervisory experience in heavy industrial construction (minimum 10+ years)
- Project Management experience in industrial project
- Horizontal Directional Drilling and large bore mechanical piping is an asset to the role
- Experience with remote worksites in the resource extraction industry
- Oil and Gas Operations, heavy industrial Owner organization experience SAGD projects, pipeline construction, engineering
- HDD and mechanical experience
- Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word etc.)
- Estimating and Scheduling programs (Timberline, Primavera etc.)
- NDE Processes (Welding RT/UT)
- General knowledge of common codes and standards (B33.1/CSA Z662/ABSA)
- General knowledge of relevant codes and standards (ASME/Electrical Code/National Building Code/OH&S)
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma ( preferably 2 years)
- Industry Specific safety training (H2S Alive, Ground Disturbance, CSTS etc.)
- Driver's License
- P.Eng/ CET
- Must be willing to work Night shift; schedule 6&1
- Well organized and able to manage numerous programs and systems
- Work well independently as well as collaboratively within a team, and with others outside of the formal organization (service providers, vendors and contractors)
- Sets high goals and standards of performance for self and has a personal commitment to maintaining professional competency through continuing education, training and development
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.