Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Senior Vendor Analyst who will be responsible for assisting in the selection and monitoring of vendor performance based on the client’s strategy and overall sourcing policies. This is a 12- month contract located out of their head office in Calgary.
How you will bring value…
You will play a key role in the Commercial Office and provide support to Vendor Specialists in the creation of successful, measurable, and sustainable business outcomes with valued vendors while mitigating risk.
Additionally, you will measure and analyze performance metrics delivered by IS vendors to ensure quality and cost-effective vendor services. You will be responsible for the management of a $50 million software portfolio, vendor billing, reporting, and other administrative responsibilities that ensure vendor services don’t disrupt the client’s business functions.
What you will be doing…
- Ensure IS vendors deliver according to commitments and contracts; oversee vendor compliance and performance management, including analysis of cost and quality.
- Report on vendor compliance and performance based on established SLAs; manage vendor scorecards and dashboards for operations and management.
- Create and maintain price benchmarks to drive the best price from vendors.
- Work with the Enterprise Architects to ensure that any contract change is compatible with the agreed architecture standards and policies.
- Supports annual appraisal of contracts, in collaboration with service managers to ensure continued value for the client.
- Work collaboratively with other IS teams to validate software usage and metrics.
- Experience with creating and streamlining software renewal workflows.
- Creating and updating monthly management reports, financial tracking of progress against budget and planning.
- Assist with contract schedule development, negotiations, changes, reviews, and terminations.
- Maintain an in-house developed tool (Vendor Relationship management) on the SalesForce platform for data accuracy and vendor support continuity.
- Previous experience understanding and maintaining financial forecast, budgets, and long-range plans.
What you will need to succeed…
- 8 – 10 years experience in similar role.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft systems (Excel, WORD, PowerPoint, etc.); MS Projects an asset.
- Experience working with Contract Terms & Conditions.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate between organizational groups & levels; as well as strong abilities in understanding work environment within a large enterprise and navigate potential political barriers.
- Strong ability to make good decisions regarding complex issues with limited information.
- Excellent customer and vendor relationship and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer relations while dealing with vendors, accounts payable and management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong communication skills with confirmation of understandings and commitments.
- Ability to think outside the box and troubleshoot.
- Technically savvy.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.