Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a HR Shared Services Specialist to support the team.
Duration: 6 months
Location: North York, Ontario
The HR Shared Services Specialist role provides first level support to employees, HR, managers and vendors with Human Resources needs, including but not limited to benefits, payroll, immigration, company policy and procedures, HR systems and employee on-boarding. This role is based in Toronto but supporting Client USA employees.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to work well and collaborate in team environment.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle complex and demanding situations tactfully when dealing with customers and assist other team members with problem resolutions.
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize duties during periods of high volume and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Confidentiality of sensitive information
- Accurate data entry skills with attention to detail
- Understanding of a Shared Service function and Customer Service principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred or equivalent work experience
- HR Certificate completed or in progress
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains HRIS data records and workflow pertaining to employee and ensures entries are timely, accurate and consistent in relation to organizational adjustments, comp increases, one-time payments, cost centre transfers, promotions, password reset, reduced work week etc. and initiates PIN notifications and employee relation documentation accordingly
- Audits HRIS data to ensure data integrity and takes necessary action in system, such as: outstanding business process tasks, work email addresses, emergency contact data, BU/BL, exit reasons, and new hire entries and takes appropriate actions in HRIS to ensure data integrity
- Audits contract end dates and follows up with managers to confirm next steps and triggers required paperwork and ensures HRIS activities are completed accordingly
- Ensures integrity and quality of the data in the HRIS databases as well as in the Case Management System.
- Manages, tracks and monitors onboarding process (communications, notifications, employment agreement, I9’s, background checks, one-time payments etc., escalates accordingly to hiring manager and recruiting team, tracks completion and follows up to ensure successful onboarding process)
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.