Passenger Vehicle Driver
- Elmira-area, Ontario
- $21 per hour, $160/day during training
- Night shift, approx. 10 hrs per day
- Team environment and growing company
- Must have G license with clean abstract
- Temp to Perm after 4 weeks
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading live poultry transportation company know for their best-in-class service to their customers and have a reputation for having long-term employees. They are committed to their employees, offer an environment that has strong family values and believes in work-life balance.
This would be an ideal position for anyone with an interest or background in agriculture, familiar with live stock, comfortable working in adverse weather conditions and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Be mentored and trained by an experienced driver/catcher
- Receive instructions from Dispatch and trip plan to ensure the crew of 6-10 are picked up on time in passenger van
- Travel safely to assigned barns which can be multiple sites in one night
- Work alongside poultry catchers to catch chicken and place into crates for transportation
- Maintain a focus on safe and respectful handling of animals at all time
- Safely transport crew members to their drop off points at the end of the shift
- Complete any required paperwork necessary before end of shift
Why this job is right for you:
- You genuinely care about how food is processed and believe in Farm to Table
- Have an interest or background in responsible farming and dealing with animals
- Enjoy working with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Like working outdoors in all weather conditions
- You can effectively communicate with your teammates, supervisors, dispatch and farmers
- Willing to receive feedback and find ways to improve performance when needed
- Have a G License with a clean driver abstract and willing to upgrade to a F Class License (paid by company)
- Committed to maintaining and completing reports accurately to keep company vehicle in optimal condition to ensure safe transportation of crew
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (647) 838-2522.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.