We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Engineer
Resume Due Date: Thursday, September 12th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 3 years
Location: Darlington Energy Complex
- Supporting Balance of Plant – Steam Generators/Shutdown Layup team.
- Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Engineer will work on the Steam Generator as part of the Balance of Plant project team and will have the accountability to oversee execution of modifications from inception through to design, installation, commissioning, and final closeout of Engineering Changes.
- The Project Engineer will coordinate and collaborate with both internal/external stakeholders to understand schedules, finances and performance for the assigned projects.
- Co-ordinating, facilitating and driving project scoping, planning, execution, and close out.
- Co-ordinate the clarification of design and specification requirements, and arrange for necessary changes.
- Co-ordinate and participate in the preparation of specifications, bid packages, evaluation of tenders, and purchasing recommendations.
- Arrange and lead meetings to coordinate the requirements of designers, suppliers, construction and OPG internal stakeholder groups.
- Prepare scope of work documents, lead constructability reviews, prepare Business Case Summaries for Senior Management, the Executive Office and the Board of Directors, for project approval and the release of funds. Prepare and coordinate the preparation of all information pertinent to an assigned project and alternatives to be considered for input into planning.
- Review construction contractor labour estimates, schedules, execution plans, inspection and test plans and project oversight plans. Gather input from stakeholder departments and agencies to ensure project requirements are captured and detailed in the project documents.
- Provide oversight of construction contractors integrated, logically tied, resource loaded project schedules which incorporate identified scope, risks, estimates/budgets and constraints that support effective project management and field execution.
- Maintain close liaison with construction contractor on matters involving conventional and nuclear safety during all stages of the project; engineering documents and construction work plans; purchasing, handling and storage of materials and tools; work protection and work permits; detailed execution planning and readiness preparations; daily progress reporting and schedule performance; completion of turnover documentation and quality records and other related issues.
- Perform regular field walk downs in standard and radiological work areas to ensure contractors are compliant with OPG and OHSA safety and quality standards.
- Evaluate vendor proposals, negotiate contracts, and make recommendation for contract award that provides the best value to OPG
- Initiate, manage, and administer contracts including payments and change orders
- Provide management and project mangers with regular project reports such as level one summaries, and participate in regular process progress meetings.
- Maintain awareness of, and keep all project parties informed of latest construction, budgeting, estimating and scheduling practices and other corporate procedures. Review and maintain awareness of all corporate and local procedures pertinent to project control and administration. Maintain process compliance during project execution and advise supervisor if compliance cannot be achieved.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience within project engineering
- Ideal candidates will have worked in a Nuclear Engineering environment
- Experience and ability as a team player to understand and manage the interrelationships of various internal and external groups in order to facilitate objectives and ensure projects satisfy stakeholder requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable leading meetings and giving presentations
- Have experience and/or willingness to interface with vendors
- Have a strong interest in fast-paced, challenging work environments where showing initiative and self motivation are assets
- Proven track record on delivering results
- Strong in understanding, executing and following governance and procedures with a questioning and analytical attitude/approach under minimum required supervision
- Knowledge of OPG’s ECC Process (Engineering Change Control) is an asset