We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project/Design Engineer
Resume Due Date: Thursday, September 12th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 3 years
Location: 777 Brock Road South, Pickering, Ontario
- A project engineer will be assigned to either the RDM Scope, Plant Modification Scope or Tooling Scope of the project. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Complete tasks associated with the MTL role as described in N-PROC-MP-0090
- Review Design and project deliverables
- Perform oversight on the vendor’s design and fabrication activities
- Support advancement of project schedule and deliverables while controlling project costs as per the business case
- Produce documentation, reports, plans, procedures, etc. as required to advance project objectives
- Work individually or as part of a team to advance project objectives
- Seek support or assistance from Project Manager or other team members, as required
- Participate in unit, system and integration testing necessary to commission deliverable(s)
- Prepare or revise appropriate documentation, i.e. procedures, test plans, reports
- Interface with project stakeholders, suppliers, customers, as well as other OPG functional areas, i.e. supply chain, controlled documents/records
- Conduct work safely in accordance with all OPG procedures and policies
- Follow and support applicable governance, i.e: Project Management, Engineering Change Control
- Support Project Schedule and Budget
- Make recommendations to advance the project schedule
- Problem solving and troubleshooting, providing technical support and/or advice as required.
- Successful candidate will need to be an experienced project engineering or leader in the nuclear industry.
- Experienced individuals will need to come in with little time for ramp up and will be expected to take a leadership role on the project.
- PMP designation is preferred.
- Professional engineer or similar education
- Motivated self starter
- Experience working on projects preferably in Nuclear
- Working as a project team member with experience in large, complex and multifaceted technical projects
- Working as an individual and in teams
- Working with stakeholders
- Articulate and effective communicator in English (both written and verbal)
- Experience executing technical projects – either design support or project management support
- OPG specific project experience as an MTL or project coordinator
- Familiarity with nuclear Engineering Change Control Process
- Experience with Automation
- Experience with Reactor Inspection Tooling
- Experience with Fuel Handling
- Experience working at PNGS and DNGS sites.
- Familiarity with the station and station stakeholders.