Our Client is one of the world's largest multinational Water Process & Treatment service companies.
We are looking for a Electrical/Electronic Engineer on 6 month assignment in Oakville, ON
- As an electrical engineer, you are accountable for all electrical aspects of engineering necessary to deliver custom water treatment systems to industrial or municipal customers.
- You will work and collaborate with a dedicated team of engineers and designers from North America and India to ensure on time and on budget execution of the electrical engineering tasks on the project.
- As an electrical engineer, you represent the engineering organization in working with the Lead Engineer (LE) to manage and steer the project toward successful completion throughout all phases of the project including engineering, procurement, fabrication, installation, and commissioning/startup; while complying to company standards, project requirements, and applicable codes.
- Support Lead Engineer in discussions with customers.
- Responsible for change management and revision control for the project including communication of customer changes to the appropriate team disciplines and ensure such changes are considered throughout each stage of design, approval and construction.
- Take ownership of the P&ID’s and the integration of the project across electrical engineering.
- Perform design and develop documents including Single Line Diagrams, IO Lists, Electrical Schematics, Loop diagrams, Logic diagrams, Panel Layout Diagrams, Shutdown Keys, Loop Diagrams, Instrument Indices, Setpoint Lists, DCS and PLC Design, Instrument Location and Installation Design.
- Develop control system architecture for PLC and HMI systems and select appropriate hardware. Develop panel layouts.
- Develop the I&C portion of P&ID’s.
- Develop Bill of Material and process through SAP. Interface with suppliers for preliminary costing, instrument component selection, and submittal document review.
- Interface with customers regarding I&C designs and submitted design documents.
- Understand and assess project specific area classification requirements and apply correct solution.
- Support commercial engineers, as well as to other engineers within the team to develop their technical and commercial expertise.
- Support project execution through review of the control documents, engineering drawings, and manuals for projects.
- Support plant commissioning and performance testing. Document lesson learned from issues during commissioning and provide feedback to ICE Engineering team and PM.
- With an expert level of understanding of system engineering including P&ID development, engineering deliverables and document control, you also need:
- Experience with the following markets: municipal water and wastewater treatment, EPC projects, oil & gas, chemical, or power.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and be willing to travel 20% of the time within US and Canada.
- Comfortable working in a multiple disciplinary team environment across different offices/geographical regions.
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, PE (P. Eng. In Canada) registered or working towards qualification.
- 10+ years of engineering experience in a process industry such as water treatment, food & beverage, chemicals, oil & gas, etc. specifically executing projects as a system integrator.
- Extended technical knowledge in the field of hazardous location technologies, as well as industrial control systems.
- Expertise with Low and Medium Voltage Power Distribution System design and Balance of Plant design.
- Experience with Electrical Heat Trace and Motor Control Center design an asset.
- Experience with SAP.