Our Utility Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Pipeline Compliance Coordinator III for 12+ month contract role with possibility of extension
As a Pipeline Compliance Coordinator, candidate is responsible in ensuring compliance with the NEB Onshore Pipeline Regulations for all EGI Affiliates companies (e.g. Niagara Gas Transmission Ltd) and joint ventures (e.ge. Vector Pipelines) gas transmission pipelines and facilities within the National Energy Board’s jurisdiction.
The role’s mandate is to integrate and ensure systematic and consistent cross-organizational approaches to EGI Affiliate National Energy Board (NEB) assets to ensure compliance, assurance, and governance to applicable NEB regulations.
The incumbent will work collaboratively with Engineering, Operations, Storage and Transmission and Transmission, and Energy Services to ensure requirements are being addressed and documented and processes and procedures are established that enable continual improvement.
- Be the main liaison between the NEB and EGI Affiliate NEB Companies including Vector Pipelines
- Be the main contact to Accountable Officers for NEB affiliated companies including Vector Pipelines
- Co-ordinate, prepare and participate in NEB Audit/Inspection/Screening with key stakeholders; facilitate the closure of any applicable gaps or corrective actions
- Monitor the NEB notifications, advisories, and requirement changes and be the designated management of change (MOC) coordinator for these items
- Coordinate and create an annual report for Client’s Inc. and its affiliated companies or joint ventures that meets the requirements of the NEB OPR (Onshore Pipeline Regulations)
- Coordinate with other organizational functions or management programs to ensure the following requirements are completed:
- Emergency exercises that include NEB staff observation and annual updates of public Emergency manual
- Crossing applications are filed (i.e. cover letters, specific conditions) and reviewed
- Permitting processes related to NEB lines or facilities
- Reporting of unauthorized crossings to the NEB
- Public awareness campaigns for landowners in proximity to NEB lines and facilities
- Incident notifications to the NEB
- Responses to NEB requests for comments or surveys
- Payments for NEB expenditures (e.g. indigenous relationship fees, protection measures for 3rd party work, mail out of public awareness packages, MCA)
- Field permit applications are reviewed and approved
- Accountable Officer change notifications
- Maintain a document or manual that outlines how NEB requirements are executed, addressed and controlled
- Preparation, update, and review of budgets and scorecards for Affiliate companies holding NEB assets
- Monitoring of Affiliate/NEB correspondence and mailboxes for new applications
- Other duties or projects as assigned
MUST HAVE qualifications:
- 2-3 years demonstrated operations management experience which includes leadership of high performance work teams and successful deployment of new work processes and systems intended to improve customer service and performance.
- Solid understanding of Natural Gas Distribution pipelines and the NEB regulator and OPR regulations.
- Experience with audits as either the auditor, auditee, or liaison between them
- Consistent track record of strong execution and achieving results including project management experience
- Experience and understanding of management codes and standards, including the safety management system and / or ISO 9001 is an asset.
- Ability to influence others through flexibility, building relationships, and demonstrated leadership
- Strong organizational and documentation competencies
NICE TO HAVE qualifications:
- Strong MS PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint skills an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; Experience in facilitation of meetings and workshops
- Previous Change Management and Management of Change experience an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”