Our client is one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies. They have an immediate need for a Credit Analyst to join their team in Calgary for a twelve month contract opportunity.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The Retail Credit Analyst is responsible for credit adjudication and receivable management within the Downstream, Asphalt portfolio. You will recommend and negotiate credit terms of sale, as well as securities and assurances that are needed from customers. In addition, the analyst is also responsible for managing and maintaining strong relationships with the business units they support.
- Analyze financial statements and gather relevant information from trade credit reports from third party agencies to determine credit limit and payment terms.
- Recommend and obtain securities and assurances necessary to mitigate risk.
- Manage assigned credit portfolios in a manner that will ensure unacceptable account conditions are identified, reported and handled. This involves making collection calls.
- Develop, recommend and utilize assessment techniques that are effective in managing risks and in facilitating transactions.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Two to five years of progressive experience in credit risk evaluation or commercial lending.
- A Bachelor of Commerce degree or related, preferably with additional education in credit.
- Familiarity with commercial security instruments.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Excellent decision making ability with partial information and attention to detail
- A minimum of intermediate proficiency in Excel and Word
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Understanding of the oil and gas marketplace
- Experience in making collection calls
- Ability to manage a very dynamic portfolio within tight timelines
- Prior experience creating macros within Excel
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, able to set priorities
- Ability to exercise tact, discretion and sound judgement
- Strong communication
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.