Our dynamic Burnaby based client has an immediate need for a Digital Communications Coordinator to join their team for a six month contract opportunity.
- 2-3 years experience in a communications role
- SharePoint 2010 experience
- Candidates should be local to Vancouver greater area (no relocation).
The Communication Coordinator Level 1 performs communication activities for project communications, change management, and stakeholder engagement to deliver actionable information to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum two (2) years of communication support work experience or equivalent.
- Compose, write, and edit communication materials including newsletters, management reports, and presentations by using excellent skills in communication, planning, and implementation as well as good knowledge of project management principles to support assigned business groups.
- Coordinate and support tracking tools and create progress reports for formal programs and projects by using intermediate skills in MS Office and document management systems such as SharePoint so that assigned projects and initiatives are successfully implemented as planned.
- Contribute to the development of communication plans by using consultative methodologies and techniques including online platforms to accurately determine communication needs of the assigned project or initiative.
- Collaborate with small and large business teams in our client’s complex organization by building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders so that projects and strategic initiatives are completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Business, Marketing or related field
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Additional Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum three (3) years of experience in a customer service oriented digital role
- Experience within a digital marketing agency setting
Assist digital customer-facing communications and online enhancements delivered in the online channel environment across web, mobile, social, e-newsletters and paid and organic online campaigns.
- Plan and implement campaigns and content from brief stage through to execution in the consumer marketplace.
- Analyze analytics for trends and patterns and adjust strategies as a result.
- Collaborate with agencies and support internal digital communications function. Additional Education and Skills
- Diploma in marketing management Canadian Marketing Association accreditation or equivalent
- Additional coursework delivered through the ACA, BCAMA, IAB or other
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.