Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Cost Controller to work out of their office in downtown Calgary.
What you will be doing…
- Work on projects worth more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration and an extreme level of complexity.
- May lead functional teams or projects and is recognized as an expert in own area within the organization.
- Teaches project controls theory across functional areas in Major Projects.
- Provide clear direction and support to Project Execution personnel, as well as lead project teams.
- Viewed as a Project Controls expert.
- Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
- Be able to take into consideration project impact and effects of decisions and solutions.
- Assigns and outlines work; advises of problems; reviews work for technical accuracy and adequacy.
What you will need to succeed…
- Post secondary education in a financial discipline, engineering, or technical field.
- 7-10 years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant project experience.
- Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews.
- Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE's CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- An expert understanding of best management practices for project control, forecasting and reporting.
- Proficient in the use of SAP Ability to design and implement processes for project cost control, identify gaps and correct where necessary.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal level of supervision Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Ability to solve complex problems and take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
- Strong leadership and facilitation skills.
- Capable of making sound judgments, which are reviewed, but which are usually acceptable as accurate and feasible.
- Be able to do work that is assigned in terms of objectives, relative priorities and critical areas that impinge on work of other units, and work that is carried out within broad guidelines, but be able to take advantage of informed guidance.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.