Our Oil & Gas Client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a Finance Application Specialist? for 12+ month contract role with possibility of extension
As a Finance Application Specialist, candidate is responsible or the integrity of Finance applications, providing expert guidance on Finance business processes and their implementation within technologies utilized by accounting teams. In addition, the resource provides leadership and guidance in the use of cross functional applications and technologies.
Act as a Technology Subject Matter Expert, and provide support / guidance to the UPO Special Projects and extended Finance teams on applications and utility processes
- Primary resource for ERP analysis and business process support related to General Ledger, Controlling (Management Accounting), Revenue and Gas Accounting, Project Accounting, Plant Accounting, General Accounting (Banking & Treasury) and month end close processes
- Provide support and guidance in the use of ERP technologies to automate and create efficiencies in Finance Business Processes
- Act as lead for integration of Finance Applications with external systems (ie. Billing Systems, Payment Systems, Cloud Providers) and ensure integrity of financial information being passed to these systems
- Application Maintenance, and Development Support on Finance EPM products such as BPC and other internal Data Warehouses
- Act as a lead contact and business partner with Technology and Information Systems teams with respect to projects and day to day system maintenance
- Provide guidance and best practice recommendations on Master Data Goverance related to key Finance Reporting Structures (ie. COA, Cost Centre, Reporting Hierarchies)
- Mentor and support finance personnel in the use of technologies and their application within finance business processes
- Identify and address routine and non-routine business issues in a timely manner and provide sound rationale for decisions and implement action plans as needed. Consult with affected parties and determine if the issue is resolved or if further action is required
- Maintains cross functional process flows and integration of data for key client areas within UPO Finance
- Conduct testing and problem solving of system data for accuracy as new projects or upgrades are required
- Identifying and analyze opportunities for new functionality that will leverage technology solutions in order to deliver process improvements. Prioritize new opportunities and develop a strategy for implementation as required
- Develop and provide support for document training tools and work instructions for the Finance Applications and Development group
- Work with DBAs for system SQL items, i.e. system reboots, server problems and issues, etc.
- The role is increasingly responsible for responding to client requests, troubleshooting issues, and identifying solutions. With the change in responsibilities within UPO Finance, this role is required to act independently and work directly with clients. In addition, the role provides SME support on new integration tools being assessed and developed for the amalgamated department in conjunction with TIS.
- Data maintained in the ERP and BPC tools are critical for the completion of monthly financial reports and regulatory applications and proceedings.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Work Effectively with Others, Analyze Issues & Solve Problems, Support Strategy, Pursue Leading Edge Innovation, Implement and Influence Change, Seek Process Improvement, Meet Stakeholder Needs
- Post-secondary degree (Business or IT field)
- Seven to 10 years’ experience in Finance as well as other areas of the business
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”