Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Automotive company.
We are looking for an Embedded Software and Controls Test Engineer to support the team.
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Markham, Ontario
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and execution of hardware and software testing related to embedded controls and OBD regulatory requirements. This position involves a combination of analytical, in-vehicle and laboratory analysis, along with related performance verification to ensure robust execution of diagnostic and controls features.
- Develop comprehensive test plans related to hardware and software to support OBD compliant controls and diagnostic strategies and algorithms for emissions related comprehensive components and smart devices.
- Work closely with multi-disciplined engineering teams to understand functional requirements and implement appropriate test plans and setup.
- Execution of test plans using SIL, HIL, and in-vehicle techniques
- Develop project management plans, manage timing, and oversee the fabrication of bench properties
- Development of Automated Fault Insertion testing methodologies
- Analyze test results and participate in data-driven system development initiatives
- Warranty analysis of diagnostic performance in the field to identify and escalate emerging issues.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience developing control or diagnostic system calibrations
- Experience with control system theory and Simulink modeling, embedded controller hardware, software, and communications
- Ability to travel to the United States
- Valid Driver’s license for Ontario
- Experience with dSPACE/Control Desk or similar HIL tools
- Experience with CAN, LIN protocol and use of serial communication tools (ex-CANoe / Vspy)
- Experience with ETAS/INCA, Intrepid/Vehicle Spy or similar DAQ tools
- Familiar with CARB 1968.2 OBD II Regulations
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.