Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Automotive company.
We are looking for an Embedded Software and Controls Calibration Engineer to support the team.
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Oshawa, Ontario
The successful candidate will be responsible for development of calibration data sets required for the OBD compliant execution of an on-board vehicle controller. This position involves in-vehicle and bench work, along with related analytical and performance verification. It will include development of both control and diagnostic calibrations. Systems requiring calibration work are in the body domain and involve controller infrastructure and OBD diagnostic systems. Some travel is expected, primarily to Michigan and other locations in the US.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Experience with ETAS/INCA, Intrepid/Vehicle Spy or similar DAQ tools and control & diagnostic calibrations
- Experience with dSPACE/Control Desk or similar HIL tools
- Experience with Powertrain, Chassis, CAN, LIN protocol and use of serial communication tools (ex CANoe / Vspy)
- Familiar with CARB 1968.2 OBD II Regulations
- Experience with embedded C programming language and Simulink
- Expertise in OBDII compliant diagnostics
- Ability to work independently and travel to the US to conduct business
- Valid Driver’s license for Ontario.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, Computer, Mechatronics, System Design or similar)
- Creation and maintenance of a calibration execution plan
- Development and delivery of calibration data sets in accordance with project plan
- Troubleshoot and root cause issues with systems, test vehicles and instrumentation
- Support development of test benches and execute early calibration work using test benches
- Conducting and supporting peer reviews
- Make recommendations for improvements to process and tool
- Resolve field/customer issues
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.