Do you want to work for one of the largest “Utility” company in Massachusetts? They are currently looking for an “Portfolio Project Manager” to support their facility in Waltham, MA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
To lead a specific portfolio of projects and/or project team within one area by securing and managing project resources to ensure that projects are completed to stakeholder requirements, within budget and with minimal operational disruption.
- Monitor and control allocated project resources, maintaining financial and progress forecasting in order to ensure projects are delivered according to schedule and within budget.
- Implement project tracking mechanisms to be able to provide timely and concise updates on project progress to senior management and key stakeholders highlighting areas of risk and capturing key decisions.
- Assist in identifying potential conflicts in use of resources and other project scheduling issues and propose solutions and corrective actions to overcome the obstacles.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders such as consultants, procurement, and the business teams in order to share best practice, identify potential new projects and liaise with other working areas during project progression.
- Oversee the operational workload of the project team ensuring allocated staff are fully utilized in order to deliver against agreed project schedule.
- Challenge existing project processes, technologies and systems to continuously seek ways to do things better in order to achieve department and business objectives and drive greater efficiencies for the business.
- Lead, motivate and develop assigned project resources, prioritize work and allocate resources in order to ensure results are delivered in line with expectations and customer/business objectives.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including the necessary approvals and permits where relevant, so that an accurate record exists for review and regulatory purposes.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing projects.
- Project and/or financial reporting experience preferred but not required.
- Solid knowledge of project management fundamentals and project management practices.
- Knowledge of operational systems and processes related to their area of project work.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Strong MS Office suite, project management software skills.