Our large IT client is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Aerospace company.
We are looking for a Systems Design Specialist to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: North York, Ontario
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
- DOORS is must
- Change management tool such as ClearQuest/ ClearCase is required.
- Knowledge of railway signaling techniques.
- Knowledge of the Train Control product line and its operating principles such as Automatic Train Protection.
- Safety critical systems development experience.
- Familiarity with modern software development life cycle, related methodologies, tools and software specification.
- System Modelling and/or simulation experience – either using tools such as MATLAB, Simulink or UML modelling environments.
- Familiarity with Agile and scrum/Backlog planning.
- Experience with System Testing.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence.
- Design verification and/or validation experience.
- Proof of a minimum of 3-5 years’ systems design experience in a relevant domain (transport, avionics, defense, automotive or other relevant experience in an organization with exposure to enterprise environments and practices).
- Capable of understanding customer requirements and converting them into system design technical (functional/non-functional) artifacts such as operational scenarios, high-level analysis/detailed requirements specifications and interface documents.
- Proof of a minimum of 2-4 years’ experience with DOORS or equivalent requirements management tool.
- Strong familiarity with Change control management system and related tools such as ClearQuest/ClearCase.
- Understanding of specification-driven systems design (as it applies to computer systems with both hardware and software operation).
- Knowledge of modern engineering practices and development life cycles (V, agile, waterfall etc.), methods and tools.
- Proof of strong technical English language writing skills; good communication, presentation and analytical skills (give examples of reports, detailed documents written in English with concise information).
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions to deliver a quality technical solution on time.
- Proof of a minimum of 3 years’ experience performing basic (for each of) activities: Trade-off analysis, design justification, Timing analysis, Problem description reports, and Technical defects’ correction recommendations.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a dynamic environment with capability of running parallel tasks with a pro-active attitude.
- Strong organizational and planning skills to finish tasks on deadlines.
- Prior experience in Client about CBTC system design (ZC or VOBC SW development).
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.