Our client is one of Canada’s largest integrated oil companies. They have an immediate need for a Document Control Analyst to join their team in Calgary for a one year contract opportunity.
Reporting to the Project Controls Lead, the Document Control Analyst will perform all documentation management requirements for the Safety Transformation Program. This position will be responsible for the following activities:
- Set up Project Management Office (PMO) and Safety Operations Integrity (SOI&E) document structure
- Develop templates as required
- Develop a sustainable repository for both internal and external use
- Coordinate and manage revisions
- Develop and manage the SharePoint site for both internal and external use
The individual will have a solid working knowledge of documents control procedures, process concepts and techniques, good interpersonal and communication skills and a track record of successfully working in a collaborative matrix team environment. The ideal candidate will be able to blend a combination of relevant business experience with process and technical knowledge to enable forward looking solutions.
This position will be supporting multiple initiatives and leadership levels across the SOI&E team and will require quick turnarounds.
- Manage the document control process including: issue, review, archive, distribute and file
- Responsible for manual and electronic archiving of documentation
- Develops and manages folder structure for all project documentation
- Develops reporting templates, which are well thought out and clearly identify required inputs
- Attend project management meetings as required
- Support the PM team with ad-hoc requests
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary education and/or courses related to Business Administration
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience working in a document control role
- Minimum 5+ years' using SharePoint and managing documents in SharePoint/HDMS
- Minimum of 5+ years working in the oil and gas industry, preferably in a safety related org or a relevant field
- Minimum 5+ years' experience working with and coordinating multiple stakeholders and ability to establish trust and rapport with people working remotely
- Ability to lead by influence, enlisting the cooperation of others to accomplish tasks
- Experience working on projects
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Office Products (Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Intermediate knowledge of SharePoint
- Strong results driven orientation and ability to improve processes for higher business performance
- High attention to detail and an ability to keep information organized
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and organize multiple concurrent assignments.
- Ability to facilitate project meetings and track minutes and actions
- Experience with handling and processing different types of documents both in hard copy and electronic format
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.