Our client is currently seeking candidates for Project Controls Programs in the role of Project Management Methodology and Document Specialist.
- The position reports to the Department Manager, Project Controls Programs of Project Controls Division
- Development and maintenance of project management and project controls methodology, processes, procedures, handbooks, templates, job-aids and related docs.
- Support development of project management and project controls training material
- Establishing, maintaining and supporting project management and project controls system/ tools, information management and information/data governance.
- Support Department Manager/CFAM (Corporate Functional Area Manager) with all corporate functional requirements with Project and Contractor Management functional area
- Support and conduct process and project oversight as part of the PCP accountabilities
- Work with Project Teams to assess effectiveness of project management and construction and, contractor management procedures and drive continuous improvement to these programs.
- Responsible for interfacing various stakeholders within the organization for PCP functional requirements
- Responsible for interfacing with Corporate Bruce Power Managed System to prepare and update documentation
- Support leaders of Project Controls PDOs and PDOs in effectively implementing project management and project controls governance
- Responsible for review of audit and surveillance reports issued by various oversight groups and CNSC
- Evaluating trends in project and contractor management effectiveness and initiating programmatic improvements
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- Requires knowledge, experience and skills in a project management environment in the application of project management and project controls to a project life cycle
- Requires knowledge, experience and skills in key project controls areas – cost control, scheduling, cost estimating, risk management, progress and performance management and change management
- Requires thorough understanding of project management and project controls process and procedures fundamentals and application to project governance
- Experience in the development of project management and project controls programs, procedures, templates, job aids, handbooks and related documents in a project management environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, collaborate with colleagues, and build positive relationships with cross functional areas.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University training (Grade XII plus 5 years) in General Technical or Business degree or related field or by having the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- A period of over 6 years and up to and including 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.
Project or Program Management Professional (PMP, PgMP) certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and or any certification by the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineers International (AACEI) will be considered to be an asset for this role.