Our dynamic lower mainland client has an immediate need for three (3) Contract Administrators to join their team for a six-month contract opportunity.
The person in this role will be primarily processing invoices, updating invoices and updating documentation and supporting finance & accounting contract administration. This team has a high workload & it is busy, so the successful candidate will be someone who is detail oriented, flexible & able to manage high volume of work. The manager will train the successful resource on how to use SAP.
- 2 years experience in administrative roles related to contract administration and invoicing
- The Contract Administrator completes administrative activities for issued contracts supporting successful implementation of projects safely, with quality, within budget, and on time. Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum two (2) years of contract administration work experience or equivalent.
- Perform administrative tasks on a large volume of contracts and invoices including reviewing and verifying completeness and accuracy of information to support ongoing management of contracts.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders and suppliers by providing accurate and timely response to contract related administrative requests including effectively translating complex contract language in a concise and simple manner so that the spirit and intent of the contract is achieved.
- Act as a subject matter expert by contributing to business teams’ contract and relationship management initiatives using good knowledge of procurement practices and associated financial policies so that procedures are consistently followed.
Must Have Qualifications
The Service Contracts Administrator supports our Contract Professionals on post award activities for capital construction contracts. The role is administrative in nature, supports processing of invoices and changes to contracts through amendments, by using our internal software systems. In our division we follow outlined practices and policies, and we work closely with our internal customers and stakeholders.
This position requires advanced attention to detail, the ability to follow established processes and procedures, as well as working well in a large team in a fast-paced environment.
Please note that the following are considered strong assets:
- Strong ability to multi task in a fast paced & changing environment
- Strong relationship skills to work in a team environment and ability to meet contractual deadlines
- Ability to learn and understand IT systems (internally called PassPort, Unifier, and SAP)
- Strong ability to prioritize and ability to manage own work load
- Strong drive and initiative
- Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal & Written
Education and Skills
- High school graduation
- Certificate in Business Administration or equivalent • Advanced typing skills • Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Intermediate English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.