We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Operational Risk Analyst
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, September 25th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 3 years
Location: Darlington Energy Complex (DEC) 1855 Energy Drive, Courtice ON
- Assisting lines of business in the overall implementation of risk assessment and risk measurement methodologies by coordinating the facilitation and training of personnel across all business units and major project teams.
- Analyzing, researching and maintaining data in all areas of risk assessment and risk management programs.
- Providing support for the development and implementation of effective and sustaining risk indicators and risk measurement tools in order to support lines of business with effective overall risk management.
- Coordinating the facilitation of risk workshops for the establishment of business unit risk assessments.
- Monitoring and maintain the risk assessment database, ensuring information is accurate and up to date, in accordance with input from business units.
- Supporting development of quantitative and qualitative risk lists/databases for major projects (i.e. multi-billion dollar projects). Where appropriate, ensure that project risk lists/databases are up to date and in accordance with project team input.
- Assisting with the planning, coordination and monitoring of work assignments for external consultants on major risk management projects.
- Supporting the delivery of consulting engagements, including interviewing stakeholders, researching benchmark data, coordinating responses, analyzing response data, documenting results, reporting recommendations and delivering results to stakeholders.
- Providing advice, guidance and assistance to project/function team to ensure compliance with risk management policies and guidelines.
- Minimum six years of demonstrated experience with risk management principles, project management, consulting or a similar field to support consultative services and comprehensive technical expertise and instruction to personnel throughout the Corporation seeking assistance on risk management matters.
- Sound judgment, augmented by background skills and expertise is required in participating in in-depth investigations and risk management studies to identify loss exposures, estimate future loss frequency and severity, to assist in the evaluation of alternate schemes and to arrive at a logical answer of eliminating, controlling and monitoring such risks. Hands on experience in using @risk or similar software for contingency modeling.
- Strong proficiency with Excel is required.
- Strong analytical skills in project cost and scheduling, with large volume data analysis capacity.
- Experience in project engineering, construction management, or project management.
- Experience with full cycle project management of complex projects involving diverse stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Works collaboratively with the teams, ensuring efficiencies on all programs while promoting positive relationships within and across groups and builds commitment to reach desired results.
- Effectively communicate findings, conceptual ideas and design rationale both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time working within a team environment or independently
- Ability to stay focused on goals and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work ethic.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Nuclear experience is an asset.
- RMP or PMP Certification or training, or similar
- Knowledge of Project Management principles, an asset.