Tool & Die Maker
- Barrie, Ontario
- Previous experience with Profile Plastic Extrusion an asset
- Temp-to-Perm (working interview)
- $30-$35 per hour based on experience
- Monday to Friday – 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Company Paid Benefits, Uniforms and PPE provided
- Company Lunch every Friday for all staff, events throughout the year
Do you like the idea of working for a family owned and operated business where the higher ups are all hands on? They know they business and want to teach it to you.
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a Plastic Extrusion Manufacture that specializes in precision engineered custom plastic extruded profiles. They primarily focus is custom products and regularly pushing the limits of what they can do.
As our new Tool & Die Maker you will become a valued member of our growing team. You will be working alongside highly experienced team members that will show you the ropes. As you learn, you will work more and more independently. You are eager to learn more and share your knowledge with those around you. You’re a creative problem solver, look for ways to continually approve how things are done. Your main responsibility will be to manufacture dies and tooling for production.
You will be:
- Attend scheduled shifts on a regular basis.
- Cut, shape and trim blanks or blocks to specified lengths or shapes.
- File, grind, shim and adjust different parts to properly fit them together.
- Fit and assemble parts to make, repair, or modify dies, jigs, gauges and tools, using machine tools and / or hand tools.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Lift position and secure machined parts on surface plates or worktables; using hoists or vises.
- Measure, mark and scribe metal stock to lay out machining; using instruments such as protractors, microscopes, scribes and rulers.
- Select metals to be used from a range of metals and alloys; based on properties such as hardness and heat tolerance.
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts and finishes.
- Set up and operate drill presses and tap holes in parts for assembly.
- Smooth and polish flat and contoured surfaces of parts or tools; using scrapers, abrasive stones, files, emery cloths, or power grinders.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies or assemblies.
- Verify dimensions, alignments and clearances of finish parts for conformance to specifications; using measuring instruments such as callipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies; based upon specifications.
- Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products
- Receive quotes and cost comparisons of Suppliers for material.
- Maintain accurate inventory of material.
- Work with Production Shift Supervisors to ensure tooling is properly adjusted; and to be able to manufacturer the finished product to the required sped upon specifications.
- Possess and/or willing to obtain the required training certificates
- Flexible to work Overtime and Afternoon Shift if required
- Willing and eager to learn and improve upon skills
- High attention to detail and can maintain focus
- Strong at troubleshooting and creative thinking
- Ability to read and write English
- Able to take ownership and work independently
- Comply with Health & Safety and maintain a safe work environment
- Accountable, Reliable, Dependable, Self-motivated, and take pride in your work
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 647-838-2522.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.