One of our utilities clients has an immediate need for a Network Analyst to join their Network Infrastructure Operations team. This role will be located at their office in Regina Saskatchewan.
How you will bring value…
In this role you will work within the existing team to help with the operational administration and implementation of the various components of their LAN/WAN infrastructure. You will follow team standards based on current industry and security best practices for the configuration and implementation of network infrastructure.
What you will be doing…
- Administration, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and documentation of the enterprise network environment.
- Helps prepare plans for development and installation of network devices according to present and future requirements and standards.
- Provides expert technical support, administration, and engineering on Cisco network devices.
- Monitoring, performance tunes, troubleshooting and resolution of system problems to ensure system availability.
- Manage and maintain network disaster recovery including planning, implementation, maintenance and testing.
- Interacts with our user base (corporate and field employees) on an as needed basis regarding technology issues and escalations.
- Works with network patch management processes and procedures to facilitate deployment.
- Maintains systems integrity through change control and problem management procedures and communication with internal customers.
- Accomplishes department objectives by working with other team members; organizing and monitoring work process.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures when carrying out position responsibilities.
- Attends and participates in team meetings.
- Works with the Enterprise and Solution Architecture team and other business leads to establish scalable network solutions.
- Act as a representative of Information Systems.
What you will need to succeed…
- A minimum of 5 years of recent and practical network administration experience, and a minimum of 3 years in a senior network analyst role.
- Proven proficiency in working with Cisco switches, routers, firewalls, WLAN Controllers and WAPs.
- Proven proficiency working with Cisco CLI for IOS, ASA, IOS-XE and NX-0S.
- Proven proficiency working with Cisco Remote Access and L2L VPN Technologies.
- Proven proficiency working with Cisco Prime Infrastructure Version 3 or higher.
- Proven proficiency working with Border Gateway Protocol.
- Proven proficiency working with Microsoft Azure – IaaS.
- Proven proficiency with network security best practices.
- Experience implementing network technologies to support organizational technology projects.
- Experience in influencing and establishing collaboration direction within an organization.
- Understanding of enterprise level network.
- Understanding of integrations of an on-premise environment and cloud environments.
- North American job experience.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.