Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Hyperion Business Analyst to help define and solution the HFM data conversion needs for the Finance stream as part of an ERP project. This individual will also act as a liaison between Systems Integrators, Finance SME resources and internal business and TIS members. This contract role will be based out of their office in Calgary.
What you will be doing…
- Document the data conversion needs and understand the data requirements and business rules to solution as well as design, develop, and deliver data conversion Functional Design and Technical Design.
- Translate stakeholders’ requirements into conversion deliverables (transformation rules, data mapping).
- Assist the project team with dashboard and reporting and report package generation.
- Understand and document Finance business data and conversion needs.
- Ensure data conversion scope is managed in accordance with ERP system releases; ensuring that the data conversions are in place to support system testing, user acceptance testing and system go lives; works closely with the Project team to ensure timely delivery of data conversions, within budget and within specification.
- Develop, test, document, and implement high quality data conversions on time that perform according to specifications and requirements documents.
- Ability to use ETL tool to meet data conversion needs.
- Participates in cross-functional meetings with various levels of management pertaining to data conversion.
- Support Data Validation activities of the Finance team, including assistance in investigating and remediating identified issues.
- Participate in quality assurance testing ensuring data conversions requirements are met.
- Assists the business in System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Providing technical assistance to the business in the use of information, data, and reporting tools.
- Familiarity with accounting and finance practices and principles
What you will need to succeed…
- Advanced University degree in a related field, e.g., Computer Engineering, Accounting, MBA or equivalent.
- A background in Finance related processes, data, and systems.
- 7+ yrs. experience as a Functional, Data, Business, Systems Analyst or similar role.
- Candidates should also possess experience in data management, ETL tools, and associated technical and functional data conversion processes.
- Problem solving and analytical thinking abilities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to conceptualize the business requirement and deliver innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of ERP applications such as SAP, Oracle, HFM, Hyperion Planning and Workiva.
- Technical skills such as SQL, advanced Excel, ETL tools such as Oracle ODI/OEDQ to support conversion activities.
- Advanced communication skills demonstrated through previous experience in various contexts including project meetings, technical reviews with developers and SME’s, leading group training sessions.
- Highly developed organizational skills to prioritize tasks and complete work within defined timeframes in a fast-paced program environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain successful professional working relationships with internal departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Experience working with ERP software reporting including requirements and testing experience.
- Experience with complex, large scale operational and ad-hoc reporting in a corporate environment.
- Experience working in a global team, liaising with individuals across a number of time zones.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.