We’re seeking highly motivated candidates to join Training Experience department within our global engineering group. Our software products are used by flight instructors to conduct training and evaluation for aviation crews in the civil and defense and security markets.
Roles and responsibilities:
- In an environment of high technologies and civil/military products, detect the software / hardware problems and take an active part in solving them while keeping the engineers and technicians concerned posted.
- Assemble the various software components to create the instructor product.
- Lead and offer technical support to software engineers during integration and validation of their systems.
- Ensure software configuration management control.
- Ensure lab availability for developers
- Be the first point of contact for any technical matter about instructor components.
- Ensure proper operation when integrated in Training product simulation.
- Pre-validate changes and corrections in the final offering.
- Take part in the integration plan
- Bachelor of Engineering or Computer science. Related experience in software or hardware integration an asset.
- Knowledge of C, C++, C# and .Net programming languages and scripting languages (Perl).
- Knowledge of Microsoft development tools for Windows platform (Visual Studio .NET 2005 and higher).
- Knowledge of a configuration management tool e.g. Starteam, GitHub.
- Knowledge of tools used for software debugging (.NET and/or Windbg, DBX, GDB, REST API).
- Knowledge of software debugging techniques.
- Knowledge of company software and applications required (CAELIB, STARTEAM, SIM XXI and SLD).
- Knowledge of User Interfaces (UX) an asset.
- Self-motivated, independent, dynamic, team player.
- Strong planning and organizational skill. Ability to adapt quickly to changes in technology.
- Demonstrate flexibility and strong project and assigned tasks ownership as well as ability to work and make decisions unsupervised.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good Knowledge of Windows and/or UNIX Environment and PC hardware.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is required.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.