- Schomberg, Ontario
- Permanent Position, Days starting at 6:00 AM to 5:30pm
- $30 – $35 per hour depending on expertise and experience
- Stable Work Environment, work available throughout winter months
- Paid Bi-Weekly, Overtime Available
- Durham, York region, Barrie and suburbs surrounding the GTA
Are you someone with a strong work ethic and wants to lead and be apart of a hard-working crew? Are you able to do estimates and re-drawings per customer direction and adapt to what the customer wants?
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a diverse company that does Commercial and Residential landscaping. They pride themselves on their excellent quality of work, team work and strong reputation in the market.
As their new Foreman you will enjoy working outdoors, being hands on, and working as part of a team. In this role, you will be exposed to a variety of job sites that will help grow your skills. You are eager to learn and willing to try something new, of course while following careful instruction so that you’re always working safely. This is a great opportunity for someone that take pride in their work, committed to being an active team member, and not afraid of some hard work.
What you’ll be doing…
- Lay interlock including grading and cutting
- Building retaining walls and installing weeping tile
- Plant trees and shrubs
- Raking and shoveling to grade
- Operating hand and power tools, as well as construction equipment
- Complete daily tasks using safe work practices
You will bring to the team…
- A background in Residential and Commercial Landscape
- Experience operating Skid Steer, Mini Excavator,
- Understanding of Finish Grade and Slopes
- Excellent listening and communication skills; has integrity, is a reliable and honest person with a professional attitude
- Available and flexible to work Monday to Friday and Saturday as required.
- PPE Required: CSA Approved Work Boots, High Visibility Vest/Shirt
- Own, reliable transportation, must be able to get to the job site every day
- Full G License with clean abstract would be an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com or text (647) 838-2522.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.