Looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our Montreal-based Training Experience Product team. A User Experience designer at our company is responsible for the best experiences within our product. Daily design is about applying best industry practices to aeronautical, military and healthcare simulated training devices. Whether it’s a new assessment tool, that amazing dashboard or a 3D tactical map situation display, our Product Design team is involved in making sure everything we deliver helps our customer train efficiently to enhance world’s safety.
We offer an environment for everyone to be ready to innovate, create, design, embellish, advertise, share, propose, and deliver the best user interfaces in the industry of training and simulation. We are looking for a dedicated, organized and meticulous designer to be part of the solution to make that happen. We would like to count on you to share your weirdest, craziest and most fascinating ideas to make it better and achieve ultimate passionate users. You like aerospace, gaming, health, safety, teaching, or know everything about complex and highly technological problems, this may be the position for you.
- Produce user interface design elements to bring features and products to market
- Create wireframes and prototypes for testing and quick feedback
- Interact directly with simulation system engineers and software developers to define application workflows, system constraints and possible statuses
- Have close collaboration with the training and instructional stakeholders, or product managers, to make sure the product strive to its best
- Speak to customers for input and validation of designs during key project milestone workshops
- Help create amazing experiences for our users and make them fall in love at first sight for those mind-blowing interactions
- Provide creative consultation and solutions for a variety of interactive and visual design related requests
- Be able to create stunning concept of operations that surprises and enlightens our users
- 6+ years of experience designing applications
- You are experienced in solving problems and can distill them into simple and elegant solutions
- Have launched at least one digital product before and understand why it failed/succeeded
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations
- Prior experience in prototyping techniques and user-centered design principles on commercially available products
- Have a great sense for aesthetics and could both work with or extend the companies user experience design patterns and styles
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and variations; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches.
- Education in System Design Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience working within development teams using agile development methodologies
- Prior experience in a design team
- Sketch experience
- InVision experience
- Photoshop experience
- HTML5/CSS/JS experience
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.