AZ Float Driver
- Holland Landing, Ontario
- $28+ per hour depending on experience
- 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Saturday
- Work all year round, no layoffs in the winter months
- Manual Experience Required
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a medium-sized Civil Construction company that is looking to bring on AZ/DZ Drivers with experience in Aggregate and Excavation Waste. Having experience Floating and Operating Heavy Equipment would be a great benefit.
This is an ideal position for someone that is looking to work with an ever-growing company, willing to take on additional responsibilities, flexible to travel to various job sites from Pickering to Oakville, and up to Barrie. You are someone that is safety focused, team-oriented, and likes to have a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day, knowing that you showed up for your crew members.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working with minimal supervision on various job sites
- Comply with legislation related to safe vehicle operation, cargo securement, hours of service, occupational health and safety, transportation of dangerous goods, and weights and dimensions.
- Perform mandatory circle checks on trucks before driving to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Perform inspections before, during, and after delivery to ensure that load is properly fastened down and is secure
- Read, countersign and enter comments into daily operator logbook
- Complete and document a pre-operational check on assigned equipment
- Ensure all equipment has proper safety equipment in place
- Any required repairs to assigned equipment are communicated to maintenance
- Maintain clear communication with those around you
- Attending and participating in daily meetings
Why this is the job for you…
- Customer-focused, people person
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an AZ Driver
- Valid AZ License, Clean Abstract and CVOR
- Working experience with manual transmission
- Able to chain and tarp loads in adverse weather conditions
- Strong commitment to safety
- Willing to complete a Criminal Record Check
- Reliable transportation to and from yard daily
- A positive person with a great attitude and a strong work ethic
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or text (905) 330 9861.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.