Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Scrum Master specifically focused on their Cloud Program. This is a contract position located in Calgary.
How you will bring value…
In this role you are a facilitator and coach on a pod working with the pod Lead to remove impediments and distractions and to meet deliverables. You will guide day-to-day activities, run the daily stand-ups, facilitate core meetings, and get the team working together and exhibiting the core values of Agile. You are a servant leader, who ensures the pod enjoys optimal conditions (processes, environment, freedom from impediments) to optimize its deliveries.
What you will be doing…
- Works with the pod lead to identify the key drivers and measurements which will be used to determine "done".
- Works with the pod lead to create deliverable plans that detail how scope, schedule, costs, communications, resources, dependencies, risks/issues, quality, change vendors and other key aspects of the delivery will be managed.
- Ensures that the team is following the scrum process but does not tell the team members what to do.
- Enables close cooperation across all roles and functions, addressing resourcing requirements and removing impediments.
- Arranges daily stand-up meetings, facilitates and schedules meetings, demos and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of Agile methodology.
- Captures obstacles at the daily stand-up.
- Conducts retrospective meetings.
- Tracks progress of sprints.
- Acts as a facilitator for the pod, ensuring the sprint is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
- Facilitates the team for better creativity and tries to improve efficiency.
- Establishes an environment where the team can be effective, addressing team dynamics.
- Collaborates with pod leads to implement a continuous improvement process.
- Collaborates with the pod Lead to prioritize the product Backlog in order of business value.
- Facilitate end-to-end scoping and estimation.
- Identifies, manages and resolves Risks, Issues and Blockers.
- Lead the team to self-organization, cross-functionality and adoption of a mature Agile delivery.
- Continuously seek to improve team performance through tracking key metrics.
What you will need to succeed…
- Certified SCRUM Master.
- Experience working with a distributed team on multi-sites.
- Experience working on large enterprise-wide multi-stream program involving a third party.
- Extensive experience as a SCRUM Master and Agile practitioner.
- University/undergraduate degree in a related discipline or equivalent PM work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within an Information Technology environment.
- Ability to successfully navigate and deliver within a fully matrixed environment that is complex and somewhat ambiguous; flexible and adaptable to new and diverse work environments.
- Demonstrated leadership, with the ability to motivate and effectively manage teams.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience managing teams with 10 members or greater; effective in motivating teams and guiding them through impediments and/or conflict.
- Background delivering projects using SDLC, Iterative and Agile methodologies.
- Experience with end to end project delivery (includes managing both the business and IT phases of a project).
- Ability to rationalize decisions in a clear and objective manner.
- Ability to juggle priorities simultaneously and manage time efficiently.
Nice to Haves
- PMP certification.
- Knowledge of agile development best practices, and experience with project management tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Exposure to cloud implementations and core infrastructure programs.
- Client relationship management skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.