Do you want to work for one of the largest Electrical Systems Integrator company in California? They are currently looking for an Category Manager to support their facility in Irvine, CA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Category Manager may recommend cost saving proposals including alternative sourcing and will exercise independent judgment within defined practices and procedures to determine appropriate action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop global sourcing strategies for transportation and industrial equipment.
- Work with various business stakeholder groups to identify and qualify new or existing capable suppliers, initiate requests for proposals/quotations (RFPs/RFQs), advise requestors with respect to contract terms and conditions
- Conduct RFP and lead cross functional teams through the selection process of preferred suppliers with effective scoring criteria to critically evaluate supplier proposals in accordance with company policies
- Lead negotiations on General Procurement agreements, including, but not limited to, Master Agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders balancing business deliverables, legal interests and pricing
- Conduct analysis on proposals for services in support of various business functions
- Analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage company purchasing power
- Develop, refine and implement category strategies and tactics that enable the procurement of products and services at the highest value benefit to the company
- Add value by becoming the subject matter expert on various categories and consulting internal clients on industry trends, benchmarking, and best practices
- Lead cross-functional meetings with various business functions and develop a communication strategy to keep internal clients informed about procurement processes, supplier strategy, and procurement policies
- Manage supplier relationships with focus on supply risk management, contract risk management and cost management
- Mediate supplier issues and resolve customer / supplier contract disputes if necessary.
- Contract Management ((USD)1M+.
- Review, redline and negotiate contract.
- Evaluate processes and recommend improvements to standardize life-cycle contract and sourcing processes and systems.
- Ensure pricing & deliverable as negotiated are included in the contract; coordinate comparison of proposals and final contract term.
- Ensure contract execution & retention, preferably through electronic signature process
- 5-7 years leading, a plus would be experience w/ P3 sourcing projects greater than (USD)300k spend and High Risk.
- Have a good knowledge of the regional market for their commodity: Transportation, Logistics & Warehousing.
- Proven experience negotiating Terms & Conditions.
- Experience working with Cost Lever methodology.
- Experience leading PVET / sourcing board presentation.
Ideal Candidate would reflect the following experience on resume:
- Develops transportation sourcing strategy, manages RFPs, and negotiates transportation agreements globally for all modes (truck, rail, air, ocean, parcel, LTL)
- Managed U.S. network transportation optimization project identifying over (USD)X in consolidation/mode shifts.
- Negotiated U.S. FedEx small parcel agreement, yielding (USD)1X annual hard savings
- Recommends carriers that meet & exceed Customer service/cost requirements across multiple business lines.
- Partners with Operations to manage key supplier relationships on performance and business unit needs.
- Bachelor’s degree