We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Engineer/Technical Specialist
Resume Due Date: Tuesday, October 8th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 2
Duration: 2 years
Location: 777 Brock Road, Pickering ON
Project Title: Rapid Delivery Machine and Fuel Channel Inspection Tooling
Two Augmented Staff members are required to support The Rapid Delivery Machine (RDM) Project and engineering modifications associated with FCIT, where the design work is being led by Fuel Channel Innovation Department (as opposed to being assigned to Plant Design Projects). The Rapid Delivery Machine Project requires sound expertise within Fuel Channel Inspections.
This role will be part of a Design Section within the IRI projects organization reporting to a Design Section Manager.
Job responsibilities include performing the duties of Design Engineer associated with Qualification 33685, including and not limited to Plant Modifications as per N-PROC-MP-0090, Oversight of contractors as per N-COI-00120-10000, administration of design activities and any other duties and accountabilities as required of Design Engineer (DE).
Key accountabilities include performing these duties to high standards of quality and providing results as per commitments.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in a designated segment of the mechanical, mechatronic and software engineering discipline.
- Lead projects/engineering modifications/studies within the discipline(s), involving nonstandard requirements and the work direction of technician and technical/engineering staff and/or carry out full responsibility for assigned ongoing technical work programs. Coordinate work efforts with other involved groups, adapt to changing priorities, anticipate and resolve problems which pose an impediment to successful completion, and accomplish planned work results to the satisfaction of the client and Supervisor and within established budgetary and scheduling constraints.
- Produce reports, engineering documentation and/or presentations as required to portray results of studies, engineering deliverables and field tests carried out, to present evidence to support conclusions drawn or recommendations advanced, and/or to provide a resource for reference and use by others involved in the discipline.
- Ensure that all work activities, programs, studies, and customer services reflect an awareness of applicable legislated, corporate and departmental safety requirements and programs and are in compliance with same. Anticipate future regulations/requirements and provide input into their formulation.
- May be required to participate in budget submissions, financial evaluations and purchase justifications as requested.
Requires an in-depth knowledge of the theory, principles and practices associated with the designated discipline(s) (mechanical, mechatronic, software) to be able to assume a leading role in conducting technical studies and in providing technical advice, guidance, consultation, and problem-solving services. Requires proficiency in verbal and written communications to prepare engineering documentation, reports, proposals, recommendations, and presentations.
This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a four year university education in either electrical, mechanical engineering, physics, and/or computer or science or by having the equivalent level of education.
Requires experience within the designated discipline to become familiar with station and departmental procedures, processes, techniques, problems and problem resolutions, and associated study and project requirements and stages.
- Demonstrated design experience in mechanical, mechatronic, or software engineering is required for these positions and familiarity with the OPG Engineering Change Control (ECC) Process, N-PROC-MP-0090.
- OPG Design Qualification DE# 33685 is a requirement.
- OPG Design Qualification# 6286 (DE Real Time and Software) is an asset.
- Pressure Boundary (PB) experience is an asset.
- Engineering Degree, from a recognized and qualified educational institution
- Registered Professional Engineer, Ontario (active licence) – Requirement
- Preferred Discipline: Mechanical (Pressure Boundary Experience is an asset), Mechatronic, Software