Do you want to work for one of the largest “Utility” company in Massachusetts? They are currently looking for an “IT Business Analyst” to support their facility in Waltham, MA. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
Primary Role of the Business Analyst is to document business critical or complex solutions requirements that meet the user needs and improve business performance by providing the analysis of business requirements, problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a product development team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements (business and technical) have been captured in Waterfall/Agile/Iterative delivery methodologies. Drive or participate in testing, drive issue resolution, deviations and support the production implementation process. Develop procedural documentation or manuals.
Detail Job Description
- Gather, analyse, document and manage business and user requirements (both functional and non-functional). Identify potential solutions for the business and provide input to issues or risks (through solid knowledge of the business and user requirements).
- Provide subject matter expertise in areas including strategy/approach, requirements gathering, process modelling, use cases and other areas of expertise based on established business analysis tools and techniques.
- Identify project interdependencies and communicate requirement/scope issues and participate in driving them to resolution for inclusion in the functional specifications.
- Translate business and user requirements in to detailed system requirements for the IT organization and manage all changes to the source documents.
- Develops detailed requirements via interviews, documented analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Lead other business analysts and other resources related business analysts’ functions and / or deliverables.
- Demonstrate clear capability to document the AS-IS, TO-BE process flows. Conduct full analytics collaboratively to identify and provide solutions for gaps and abnormal workflows.
- Interact and work with the development team on issues related to coding to functional specifications.
- Ensure appropriate bi-directional tracing of project modifications back to business and user requirements.
- Facilitate walk-through of project deliverables for endorsement and approval.
- Create business and functional specifications for large, complex system implementations.
- Assist with the development of the testing strategy – plan thorough requirements testing for user acceptance.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in all systems, processes and data relating to the assigned business or project.
- Leverage domain expertise and analyst practice expertise to provide the most effective solutions to the business partners in the most efficient means possible.
- Educate business partners on systems capabilities and the feasibility of developing specific solutions.
- Leverage technical knowledge & business acumen to manage effective working relationships with Business Relationship Mangers, technology teams and business partners at management and end user levels.
- Manage stakeholder expectations as it relates to gathering business requirements
- Complete all support documentation on assigned projects, including creating and updating all user and technical procedures/manuals, business, and functional requirements, traceability matrices, process flows, operational support documentation and archival of all related project documentation.
- Develop the required user acceptance test scripts if necessary. Assist in overseeing User Acceptance Testing to execute, and track deviations found, facilitate non-technical work around sessions for remediation and document testing progress.
- Assist with implementation tasks such as the production check-out process, including review of reports, data files and online screens to ensure technical solutions perform according to the specifications and meet defined business requirements
- Actively champion and contribute to the continuous improvement of business systems analysis best practices, using innovative ideas to increase effectiveness of the overall analyst organization.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst
- Demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating use case discussions
- Good Experience in Software Development Lifecycle Management, Application Lifecycle Management, DevOps tools, technologies and techniques.
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Ability to influence and build relationships and demonstrate team leadership in all interactions.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modelling methodologies and toolsets, requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artefact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively with business clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Proven track record with planning, estimating and organizing effort for the WBS.
- Extensive experience in MSOffice, Visio.
- Experienced in the use of agile tools e.g. JIRA, Confluence, VSTS.
- Experience in the use and knowledge of Kanban boards, scrum, other agile methodologies as required.
- Experience with Utility Industry (Electric & Gas) with GIS, Asset & Work Management systems – e.g. IBM Maximo, Esri, GE Smallworld preferred.
- Experience with Outage Management System, Energy Management System (SCADA) software and hardware used for distribution and generation control preferred.
- Understanding of relevant requirements for Control room management at a level that will help team to identify and translate the requirements into the detailed system requirements for the IT organization preferred.
- Understanding and experience in developing complex requirements for end user reports derived from Crystal reports, SQL, and PL/SQL.
- Ability to read and interpret ordinances, regulations, grants, and legislation as it pertains to the utility business.
- Ability to document & present Business Case(s) for Projects/Programs.
- Relevant industry certification (e.g. CPAB, CBPP etc.) preferred