Our Calgary based client has the immediate need for a senior Business Analyst to join their team. This is for a five month contract to solve some support issues and tackle a product backlog.
Our client’s Information Technology department has multiple projects that require the expertise of a senior Business Analyst to support the business objectives of their program.
The client is looking for motivated, relational, detail oriented, self-starters with a progressive mindset to take on Business Analyst roles within the following areas:
- Production Support (50%) & RDW Upgrade Project (50%)
- IDA ReCert Project
OneStop is an online platform designed lo streamline the application process for Alberta's O&G Industry, while at the same time, support better informed decision making. The OneStop product is being developed through a Hybrid Agile/Scrum Methodology that specifically aligns to the software development process and business engagement needs.
These roles will:
- Perform business analysis activities
- Elicit and document business requirements and ensure they are validated with all stakeholders
- Work within project scope, goals and deliverables in alignment with business goals
- Prepare appropriate documentation for the project
- Effectively apply methods, processes and standards
- Build and develop business relationships with project stakeholders
- Execute knowledge transfer in accordance with the approved plan
- Other deliverables as required
Job Responsibilities/ Description:
- Experience in Waterfall, Agile, and hybrid project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience leading requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders.
- Experience in generating business rules as they relate to the project, system interfaces and data quality standards.
- Experience creating User Stories relatable to both business and development teams
- Provide business analysis support for product development at both a project and operational level.
- Experience in translating business needs to technical teams
- Experience in coordinating and executing system testing as well as supporting business in the creation of test cases and participating In User Acceptance Testing.
- Demonstrated ability to Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements
- Ability to create and maintain process and technical documentation
- Experience working with diversified teams in a collaborative culture
- Ensuring business benefits / value are identified and aligned with business objectives
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business analysis pertaining to regulatory functions and systems
- Ability to work with various stakeholders at various levels Including: technical and business who are a mix of staff and contractors
- Ability to manage business outcomes and expectations
- Strong writing skills and process documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
- Customer-service oriented, evidenced by a solution-focused pro-active, self-starter mindset
- Friendly and outgoing with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Able to successfully work Independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, with ability to multi-task
- Confident learning to use new technology platforms and software systems
- Ability to escalate a problem If and when necessary
Other skills deemed necessary
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean) with previous practical experience in an agile/scrum project environment
- Familiarity with JIRA and experience creating Agile Development stories for development teams
- Background or knowledge of oil and gas upstream activities or the regulatory work associated with these activities (Industry experience)
What Is the one or two essential skills that will make this person succeed with their manager and the projects they will face?
- Strong interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Pro-active, sell-starter with the ability to manage business outcomes and expectations
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.