Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Solution Architect to provide solution design services on multiple projects. This is a 5-month contract position at the Calgary head office.
- Working with the project team to design and implement solutions.
- Collaboration with other project teams to ensure consistency and reuse of common solution components.
- Working with project’s business analyst and data architect to gather requirements, define solution options, and develop detailed requirements for developers.
- Provide support for development activities.
- Provide support for deployment activities.
- Provide documentation as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for the technical solution for a project or product, typically spanning multiple technology domains, including ETL, UI, DCM, ECM, GIS, Tibco services and Analytics.
- Defines, oversees, coordinates and develops technology designs, and related road maps and lifecycle management.
- Ensures alignment across the various technical architectural disciplines for the client to develop innovative and appropriate architectures that enable the enterprise to deliver best-in-class services to their clients, partners, and employees.
- May also be referred to as a Technical Lead.
- Extensive and intensive experience in solution design.
- Experience with solutions involving technologies such as Dynamic Case Management, User Interface, Tibco, Informatica, Tableau, GIS, .Net etc.
- Familiar with the Agile development methodology.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient problem-solving skills.
- Timely resolution of project and technical issues.
Experience with Agile:
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean).
- Setting Sprint goals and managing team/self-capacity to meet deliverables.
- Working with Sprint iterations and backlog grooming.
- Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team.
- Managing expectations.
- Participating in sprint review or retrospective meetings.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.