Our Calgary based energy client has an immediate need for an Application Support Analyst to join their team for a five (5) month contract opportunity in their Calgary office.
The coordinator role will coordinate projects in a custom software development program. The coordinator will support the project manager and core team in their day to day activities of scheduling meetings, booking rooms, synching documents to confluence and performing other various admin activities. The coordinator will ensure various development tools access is set up for iRise and Jira accounts and access are set up and any items in these tools are updated and accurate.
- Schedule meetings and meeting rooms within the IDA program calendar, complete with meeting owner, agenda, Skype link and conference bridge.
- Document notes and action items, allowing the TDM and/or scrum master to concentrate on facilitating the scrum. Act as scribe for all meetings.
- Forward a list of action items to all attendees.
- Upload all necessary documentation to Confluence space.
- Monitor invite responses and advise TDM or other team members when key/required attendees are not able to attend; rebook as needed.
- Request accounts from iRise admin for new users.
- Provide project access for new users.
- Assist the project Business Analyst (BA) will properly linking and cross-referencing iRise with Jira and Confluence.
- Provide project access for new users.
- Participate in the sprint planning sessions
- Capture new stories, tasks, subtasks
- Ensure that all tasks and subtasks have components, assignees, estimates, etc.
- Monitor tasks and subtasks to ensure that time is being logged against them and tasks are being closed off when work is complete.
- Update statuses in Jira for core team
- Cross-train with other coordinators in order to assist other projects when other coordinators are away.
- Familiarize self at a high level with program Confluence space and program coordinator responsibilities for when the program coordinator is away.
- Update weekly program support reporting template.
PM and Team Support
- Assist PM with ESRs, folder permissions, equipment requests, etc.
- Assist the PM with drafting and proofing documentation such as weekly status/issues.
- Cover for the PM at scrum and other key meetings in the PMs absence.
1 Jira consistently updated
2 Capability to schedule meetings with multiple attendees
3 Ability to successfully set up and use a skype meeting and skype technology
4 Ability to build knowledge of key internal confluence sites – where information specific to their projects can be found.
How this person contributes in the master plan
The coordinator is seen as a key contributor to the successful delivery inside this program. Their ability to learn day to day information on their projects and keep data in the tools used for software development (Jira, irise, confluence, emails, skype meetings, workfront) up to date is their significant contributions that support that success.
- Person that wants to grow
- Able to deal with small or large teams (3-10 people)
- Using their expertise to voice constructive opinions
- Working independently
- Communication skills
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean)
- Setting Sprint goals and managing team/self-capacity to meet deliverables
- Working with Sprint iterations and backlog grooming
- Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team
- Managing expectations
- Participating in sprint review or retrospective meetings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Outlook Calendar
- Excellent typing skills and note taking capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Good understanding of agile project management process and lifecycle
- Good understanding of Skype for Business to schedule meetings and conference lines
- Good understanding of Jira
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- 3-5 years supporting projects in a project coordinator capacity
Other skills deemed necessary
- Previous practical experience with agile/scrum delivery
- Familiarity with Confluence
- Some background or knowledge of oil and gas upstream activities or the Regulatory work associated with these activities (industry experience).
- Background with iRise as well as cross linking between Jira, iRise, and Confluence
What is the one or two key essential skills that will make this person succeed?
- Ability to be flexible and adapt in a high paced environment
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.