Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for a Test Automation Consultant to plan, design, implement, and execute product release and deployment activities. This is a 5-month contract position located in Calgary.
How you will bring value…
In order to succeed in this role, you must be able to adapt and thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment. You will work with project managers to ensure unit testing is being completed by developers, system testing is being completed by core team members, and business testers are conducting thorough UAT testing according to requirements. You will be operating in a highly matrixed environment that requires collaboration, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
What you will be doing…
- Responsible for the coordination of all release management activities for the product’s platform.
- Design, and maintain metrics that drive and measure team performance with respect to release, deployment and test.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Analyze release deficiencies and opportunities to drive continuous improvement.
- Participate in the Go-Live activities including the execution of deployment plans and checklists.
- Work with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Project Managers and Delivery Managers, to develop and manage an overall release management schedule with milestones showing key dependencies between components of the release, key phase transitions for various components, key release activities such as shared testing phases, etc.
- Provide release communications and guidance to release teams, IT and business leadership throughout the release cycle.
- Coordinate with business and internal deployment team to schedule and plan deployments.
- Track status of deployments and communicate to stakeholders.
- Work with deployment team to ensure successful deployment of the deliverables to production environment.
- Facilitate deployment retrospectives.
- Work with Project Managers to ensure unit testing is being completed by developers, system testing is being completed by core team members and business testers are conducting thorough UAT testing according to requirements.
- Maintain process and quality control documents across the release and deployment lifecycles.
What you will need to succeed…
- University degree with minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of technology concepts including – enterprise architecture, SDLC and Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work across teams.
- Experience in documenting defect tracking and reporting to appropriate staff.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint).
- A quick learner of software and information technology and motivated to learn new applications and business operations.
- Demonstrated customer-oriented service excellence principals
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, but take direction when necessary.
- Understanding of JIRA, Release Management and GIT scheduling tools.
- Demonstrates strong time management and organizational skills and is able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to mentor and coach team members.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient at writing step by step process documentation.
- Ability to explain concepts and provide regular status updates to stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.