Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for a Test Automation Consultant. This is a 5-month contract position located in Calgary.
What you will be doing…
- Programmatically create test scripts for the product.
- Contribute to and actively promote the test discipline within an Agile and Dev Ops environment.
- Further develop the testing discipline to ensure the success of the IDA program.
What you will need to succeed…
- Experience with test automation tools, such as Selenium and Mocha.
- Demonstrated experience with advanced CSS selectors and XPath.
- Excellent understanding of Agile and CI/CD processes and how to apply it in a scaled environment.
- A pragmatic approach to the test discipline, know how to judge what is important and what is not important.
- Fundamental understanding of the SDLC.
Nice to Haves
- Able to demonstrate progress at regular intervals, without a lot of management involvement.
- Experience with the Atlassian tool set (Bamboo & BitBucket).
- Critical thinker and passionate pursuer of excellence in all forms.
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean).
- Setting Sprint goals and managing team/self-capacity to meet deliverables.
- Working with Sprint iterations and backlog grooming.
- Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team
- Managing expectations.
- Participating in sprint review or retrospective meetings
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.