Our client is one of Canada’s market leading integrated oil companies. They have an immediate need for an Accounting Technician to join their team for a one year contract position in their Saskatoon office.
The main function of the Accounting Technician is to record, reconcile, analyze, resolve discrepancies, and provide reports for inventory volumetric and pricing for multiple products for multiple field site locations. The accounting technician will process inventory transactions, prepare journal entries, adjustments, reconciliations and reporting as required. Some travel will be required.
- Inventory management including recording inventory transactions, maintaining book values for inventory and reconciling to physical volumetric
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve data discrepancies with minimal supervision (changed order)
- Provide reporting for inventory as required
- Inventory pricing reconciliation and FIFO tracking
- Accounts payable for inventory purchases
- Communicate with raw material and freight vendors to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Communicate and attend meetings with various field site managers, operations management, marketing, and other internal/external parties
- Prepare journal entries, adjustments and reconciliations as required
- Various ad-hoc transactions and reporting as required
- Providing support and backfill for senior and intermediate staff in the area of general accounting, forecasting, or budgets and planning
- Reviewing current documentation and providing updates
MUST HAVE Qualifications:
- Accounting degree or diploma
- 2-4 years financial and/or accounting experience
- Proficiency in the development of MS Excel spreadsheets; a good working knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills in order to provide relevant information and identify key issues and relationships to determine appropriate course of action to rectify deficiencies
- Excellent business writing and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals and to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Exceptional skills in multi-tasking in a changing environment, often under pressure and within rigid time constraints
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical thinking
NICE to HAVE Qualifications:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in volumetric reporting
- Knowledge of SAP
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.