Our market leading energy client has an immediate need for a Software Tester – QA Analyst to provide testing and quality assurance expertise to finance work stream within their ERP program.
How you will bring value…
The ERP Program is critical to achieve centralized enterprise resource planning, synergy targets and strategic goals for the company. This is a key role to provide testing and Quality Assurance expertise to the Financial Management work stream in the ERP Program.
This role will also act as a liaison between Systems Integrators Testing and QA resources and internal business and functional testing leads in the FIN workstream.
The ERP Program is critical to achieve centralized enterprise resource planning, synergy targets and strategic goals for the company.
What you will be doing…
- Collaborate with a team of testing and QA resources across FIN discipline including Systems Integrator (SI) resources
- Act in a “two in the box” capacity with the SI Integration counterpart; creating work plans, and approaches to fully test the ERP HMF solution.
- Ensure Testing and QA activities are completed in accordance with ERP system releases; planning and monitoring results of test cycles, to support system testing, user acceptance testing and system go lives.
- Design and implement automation tests based on the agreed-upon regression criteria for quality assurance of the FIN solution (functional, non-functional (security, performance, resilience))
- Creation of FIN stream QA work products; test plans, requirement traceability matrices, test cases, metrics creation, defect tracking, risk and priority, and test evidence collection.
- Works closely with the Project Management Office to ensure timely delivery of data, integrations, systems that are required to complete the testing
- Define FIN Testing and QA strategy to meet project timelines, requirements, and deliverables
- Work closely with the technical development team to provide guidance on potential QA solutions
- Develop criteria to define what is a successful UAT, SIT & QA testing
- Develop test plans for data conversion – limits, percentages, balances, etc.
- Work with technical developers to understand testing requirements around Hyperion rules and translation
- Work with the solution architect to define the appropriate test environment structure
- Evaluate testing strategies and provide guidance
- Verifying test results and producing test summaries and defect tracking reports
- Identifying defects and requirement discrepancies
- Create defect change requests and reporting discrepancies that meets specified automation criteria and work closely with the FIN business analyst and development team
- Advocate for quality in testing processes and solution development
- Candidates must be able to develop complex automated tests for all functionality
- Collaborates with other Finance application development teams as needed to align testing environments and data needed.
- Maintains evidence to ensure compliance with record retention and SOX policy.
- Participates in cross-functional meetings/presentations pertaining to FIN testing and QA activities
- Maintains domain Application-System knowledge and keeps abreast of solution development progress
- Participate in quality assurance testing ensuring all aspects of the FIN testing run smoothly
- Assists the FIN business in System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Participate in coordinated Testing and QA activities with other team members on-site, and off-shore
What you will need to succeed…
- Advanced University degree in a related field, e.g., Computer Engineering, MBA or equivalent
- 7+ yrs. experience in Finance/IT applications
- 3+ yrs. experience as a QA engineer, test engineer, software developer, or similar role
- Candidates should possess a background in FIN related processes, data, and systems.
- Candidates should also possess experience in automated testing tools, testing processes, and functional QA work products.
- Experience testing Oracle Cloud and EPM software modules including integrations, reports, data conversions and extensions and workflows
- Experience with organizing end to end testing of complex, large scale, integrated systems
- Experience working on a large cross-functional project team
- Experience using Micro Focus ALM Quality Centre.
- Ability to conceptualize the business requirement and deliver innovative solutions
- Knowledge of core business applications such as Hyperion, SAP, or Oracle that are relevant to ERP FIN stream
- Technical skills such as Microsoft Office tools, automated testing tools
- Experience testing between on-site and cloud-based applications
- Good communication skills demonstrated through previous experience in the following contexts: participating in project meetings, technical reviews with developers and SME’s, group training sessions
- Experience working in a global team, liaising with individuals across a number of time zones
- Good organizational skills to prioritize tasks and complete work within defined timeframes in a fast paced program environment
- Preference given to candidates with Hyperion Financial knowledge/exposure**
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.