Our Utility client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire an Application Support Consultant for a 12+ month role with possibility of extension.
As an Application Support Consultant, candidate is responsible to work with the Itron Field Collection System (FCS) and other meter to cash Customer Care applications as deemed necessary.
- This position will provide operational expertise for key applications utilized within Gas Distribution. You will be an integral part of a sustainment team that is committed to reliable application services and delivering on business strategy, primarily working with the Itron Field Collection System (FCS) and other meter to cash Customer Care applications as deemed necessary.
- Performing sustainment/development activities inclusive of Incidents, Requests, Defects, or Enhancements in a team environment.
- Duties will include support for our Meter Reading application Itron FCS. You will be the Primary point of contact with Customer Care business team for day to day operations of our production Itron FCS. Some specific responsibilities include: creating and maintaining job schedules within FCS and IWS, investigation and problem resolution when schedules abend, maintain the meter read import and export processes to and from our Customer Information System (CIS), testing CIS enhancements as they relate to FCS,
- Competent and frequent interaction with business clients, peers and external vendor partners
- Maintain data integrity, accuracy, security, and reliability of systems.
- Learning business processes supported by the application.
- Providing high quality sustainment and occasional development in adherence to defined development methodology and standards.
- Gaining knowledge of the CIS environment and understanding the business areas (Customer Care, Sales, Marketing) supported by the IT CIS sustainment team
- Provide after hours and on call support as required and on a rotating basis for the team’s applications
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum 2 years of directly related work experience.
- Experience with customer facing applications.
- Experience supporting desktop (CotS) solutions and client/server applications.
- Experience with SQL Developer, PL SQL and/or SQL.
- Experience with Java
- Experience with data and webservice integration technologies and associated trouble shooting.
- Ability to efficiently troubleshoot technical problems.
- Ability to independently take responsibility for assignments, prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to communicate effectively and frequently with business clients, TIS colleagues, and vendors; be responsive and available to client concerns, issues, feedback, and questions.
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion to learn new technologies.
- Experience working in a dynamic application environment which drives the requirement to be agile.
- Must possess key team player qualities including integrity, accountability, and adaptability to change.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making. and problem solving skills including root cause analysis.
Nice to have’s:
- Experience with MS Visual Studio / .NET C# would be a strong asset.
- 2+ years’ experience with Itron FCS
- Experience with Customer Information Systems such as SAP CIS
- Experience with IT Infrastructure inclusive of Windows 7/10, Office 365, Exchange,
- Mobility, Physical/Virtual Windows Server, Networking, SQL Server, and Monitoring.
- Occasional overtime required
- Occasional travel
- There is the potential for this role to participate on projects that follow the application development project life cycle methodology
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”