DZ Hatchery Driver
- Woodstock, Ontario
- $23.00 per hour
- Monday – Friday, Day shift
- 40 hours a week guaranteed
Ian Martin Workforce is working with a leading live poultry transportation company know for their best-in-class service to their customers and have a reputation for having long-term employees. They are committed to their employees, offer an environment that has strong family values and believes in work-life balance.
This would be an ideal position for anyone with an interest or background in agriculture, familiar with live stock, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What you will be doing:
- Haul eggs from breeders to the hatchery in Woodstock
- Roll egg carts onto and off the truck
- Haul chicks from hatchery to farms – unload chicks into the barn
- Clean and disinfect interior and exterior of truck after each delivery
- 40 hours a week, with overtime 1.5x paid after 44
- Outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Managing the load ,following animal welfare requirements
- Operating the tailgate on the truck
- Communication with dispatch, foreman and growers on a daily basis
- Completion of paperwork, including paper logs an bill of ladings
Pre-requisites for the job:
- Must have a DZ or AZ license
- Clean CVOR/Abstract
- Will require moderate physical capability (push/pull and bending)
- Willingness to be around live poultry
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Skilled Trades professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Workforce, we exist to connect people like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 289-460-3808.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.