Our mining client is looking for a Construction Planner/Scheduler to work in conjunction with other members of the construction management team (CMT), to ensure contractors are working in a safe manner abiding by all safety program requirements. This is a contract position based in Port Hope, Ontario.
What you will be doing…
- Participate in constructability reviews ensuring constructability issues or potential issues get appropriately captured and communicated to the engineering team.
- Assist the CMT and contractors in the development of Level 4/Level 5 construction schedules and review submitted schedules in the native file format to ensure they have sound logic and are appropriately resourced.
- Analyze weekly schedule submissions for issues and productivity optimization and publish 1 week and 3 week look-ahead.
- Maintain productivity metrics on all work and maintain the productivity improvement initiatives log.
- Responsible to verify claimed schedule progress (based on established rules of credit).
- Responsible for regularly reporting construction progress to the project team (S curve and productivity information).
- Work with the CMT to identify and resolve conflicts between work packages, across projects and with operation activities.
- Support CMT superintendents in the field as required.
- Work with the commissioning team to ensure/enable efficient turnover from construction to commission.
- Coordinate with superintendents and materials leads to ensure construction materials are on-site to meet schedule needs.
What you will need to succeed…
- Prior experience working in the capacity of a construction coordinator on industrial projects.
- Experience working with Microsoft Project and Primavera.
- Proficient with computers, specifically MS Office.
- Previous project management or construction management experience considered an asset.
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.