Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for an experienced Account to join their Commodity Tax team. This is a 12-month contract located in their head office in Calgary.
What you will be doing…
- Prepare, file, and pay assigned Commodity Tax Returns, including analyze returns, code and reconcile appropriate accounts, maintain records and documentation, and manage internal and external inquiries and audit requests.
- Review and analyze internal systems, processes, records, and accounts to ensure compliance and effectiveness, recover over-payments, and reduce assessment risks.
- Maintain relevant systems and software including SMS (Structured Management System), SAP, MS Excel, and jurisdictional on-line reporting and payment systems.
- Set-up and maintain Fuel and Sales Tax rates within the client’s in-house SMS system.
- Review of customer tax set-up and ensure exemption documentation for fuel and sales tax is appropriately managed.
- Assist with all internal and external compliance, communication, and reporting requirements including SOX compliance, Joint Venture audit queries, Business Continuity Plans, and Risk Management reporting.
What you will need to succeed…
- Minimum 5 years related accounting experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience with reconciliation.
- 3-5 years experience with SAP Financial.
- Advanced MS Excel capabilities: Macros, Pivot Tables, and working with large volumes of data.
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Downstream Oil & Gas.
- Understanding of Fuel Tax, PST and GST legislation, including being able to read, interpret, and apply.
- Experience using MS Access or other data analytics tools.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.