We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Contract Advisor – Nuclear Projects
Resume Due Date: Monday, January 13th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 1 year
Location: Darlington Energy Complex (DEC) 1855 Energy Drive, Courtice ON
Project Title: Retube and Feeder Replacement
As part of the department team and at times cross functional teams, provide post-award contract management for the Retube & Feeder replacement (RFR) project at Darlington nuclear.
Review and disposition charges submitted in supplier invoices;
- Become completely familiar with the retube and feeder replacement agreement, contract price structure, and cost allocation table specifying allowed/disallowed costs in order to provide advise and support to the project execution team on payments and procurement of materials and services. Familiarize self with retube and feeder replacement refurbishment project technical aspects to provide context for commercial support role.
- Detailed review of draft invoices for consistency with allowed costs under the Agreement. Provide advise to project representative for approval, request for further information/back up, or rejection of charges.
- Interface with supplier representatives to resolve invoicing issues.
Provide oversight of subsupplier procurement consistent with the owner’s review and approval rights;
- Detailed review of Request for Authorization to Purchase (RAP) documentation submitted by the supplier for approval to move forward with purchase in relation to the requirements of the Agreement and the project. Provide recommendations to project team for approval of RAP, request for additional information, or rejection of RAP.
- Review and advise to RFR project team on approval of milestone payments based on terms in the Agreement specifying what is required prior to making milestone payments upon review of milestone certificate proposing that milestone has been met.
- Interface with supplier representatives to resolve milestone-related issues related to the contractual conditions of milestones and the provision of additional information.
Commercial Issue Resolution;
- Participate and support initiatives, of cross-functional teams comprised of senior management from both internal and external stakeholders to develop commercial agreements or amendments.
- Assist in the development, negotiation, writing, and implementation of correspondence, agreements, or amendments to these agreements, that are technically, commercially and legally complex, and may in some cases have a significant financial implication to OPG.
- Monitor agreement compliance and obligations, and develop and report on performance criteria & measures. Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives, including amendments to existing agreements where they would be in the mutual interest to the parties of the agreements. Manage and support projects and transactions from start to completion with advice from the Manager and or SR Advisor.
- Act as a resource to internal stakeholders on the corporation’s obligations in respect of the commercial agreements. Provide functional input to internal stakeholders / end users on agreement specifics and ensure it is followed through in order to minimize corporate risks.
- 5+ years of experience in commercial management, internal audit (asset), and finance (asset) to provide value added commercial oversight and support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics or engineering. Advanced degree in law or business considered an asset.
- Sound knowledge of English (oral and written) is required to prepare agreement documentation and associated correspondence. Detail oriented, analytical, strong communications skills and positive attitude.