Our client, a market leading integrated oil company is looking for a Retail Category Manager. This is a 12-month contract located out of their head office in Calgary.
What you will be doing…
- Manage product categories to ensure proper product selection, including the identification and introduction of new products; efficient distribution; proper shelving space allocations; competitive costing, fair retail pricing and effective promotional strategies.
- Forecast, track and analyze category and product volumes and evaluate industry wide trends and the competitive landscape to develop a sales growth strategy for specific products or groups of products.
- Manage vendor relationships including selecting and negotiating with vendors to provide products and services sought by customers, optimizing volume rebates and promotional funding support, and resolving site-level vendor issues.
- Conduct business analysis, make recommendations on marketing plans and sales fundamentals, and implement specific business plan strategies and initiatives such as preparation of quarterly/annual category business reviews.
- Communicate and support Retail Operations team members and retailers, including but not limited to:
- Program and key product lists, category-specific merchandising, pricing and inventory management training store layouts, audits, articles and merchandising.
- Develop and implement selling concepts and tools to support category projects and provide post launch support and recommendations to sales and customers through performance tracking and analysis.
What you will need to succeed…
- University degree
- Business degree with a specialization in Marketing and MBA (asset)
- Minimum 5 years experience with a vendor or retailer in operations, marketing, purchasing or selling in a multi-unit retail environment
- Category Management or consumer/ product analytical experience in a retail environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to draw insights from internal and external data sources
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with superior attention to detail
- Creative approach to negotiating and problem-solving
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams with a demonstrated ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Passion to see projects through from inception to completion and the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong planning skills
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.