Do you want to work for one of the largest “Aerospace” company in Texas? They are currently looking for an “Software Quality Assurance Engineer” to support their facility in Melbourne, FL. If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will interface with other stakeholders, providing support in establishing appropriate plans, with milestones; thus, ensuring compliance to those plans and existing processes. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will also interface with other members of the Quality team, to include Program Quality Assurance Engineers, Hardware Quality Assurance Engineers and Quality Assurance Auditors to oversee the involvement of the Quality team in each component of the solution. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer will establish and maintain performance metrics and provide periodic reports to ensure timely discussions of non-conformance identified by the Quality team that pose a risk to the project. This position will assure those risks are addressed and escalated when necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs quality assurance function within software and systems engineering teams.
- Support the Chorus 2 tailoring and defines processes/methods to execute.
- Point of contact for external departments related to software project quality.
- Coordinates with other team members in contributing to software project quality.
- Actively participate in engineering milestone reviews throughout the various phases of software development, including all phases from initial planning and requirements definition, through system level design, software design, implementation and testing, final system testing and deployment.
- Apply departmental quality initiatives in meetings and in the lab through effective dialogue with Engineering, Media and Program Management regarding quality objectives and risk management.
- Capture and record essential meeting outcomes and maintain records.
- Maintain quality metrics for software and systems engineering activities in order to drive accountability, oversight and improvement.
- Summarize and report on accumulated metrics to highlight quality issues.
- Working with engineering team, oversee execution of final system acceptance tests (FSATs) of customer projects and represent Quality department in customer acceptance tests.
- Participates in the Failure Review Board (FRB) and provides inputs for the software improvements and to validate that the corrective actions are closed.
- Reviews and signs off all Software Engineering Change Orders in the CCB (Change Control Board) to ensure software meets the specifications and requirements.
- Performs processes and software audits to ensure that they are meeting the required specifications and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Prepares or assists in development of documentation for inspection and testing procedures. Develop tools for monitoring and reporting the quality activities.
- Participates in all required peer document reviews (test plan, outline drawing, etc.) that are deemed necessary to ensure actual respect of the Process, interfaces with all other engineering components within the company and with customers and suppliers on quality related issues.
- Participates and assists in the process improvement efforts and identifies and proposes ideas in areas that need improvement.
- Minimum of two-four years of experience in Software Development.
- 2-3+ years of experience and/or training in development and testing of software/hardware
- 2-3+ Telephone, PC, Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite tools.