Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for an Environmental Advisor to provide environmental support to the midstream or downstream business based in and around Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. This is an 11-month contract.
How you will bring value…
In this role you will be providing technical and functional expertise for one or more of the client’s manufacturing, terminal, or upgrading facilities. It will require you to interact with a broad range of employees and contractors at a worker level as well as at the supervisory and management levels.
What you will be doing…
- Provide environmental expertise and support to an assigned business unit.
- Supervise consulting firms tasked with completing ongoing monitoring programs.
- Complete and submit monthly and annual reports.
- Support operations during environmental upsets and responses.
- Make presentations to stakeholder groups on plans and activities.
- Provide strategic environmental advice to internal departments as part of project planning and operational processes.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies.
What you will need to succeed…
- A Bachelor’s degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Environmental Science/Management, Engineering, Geosciences, Biology, Agrology.
- Any of the following professional designations: P.Eng, P.Ag, P.Geol, P.Biol as accredited by either Alberta or Saskatchewan.
- Minimum 5-7 years of relevant environmental experience working in manufacturing, oil and gas industries.
- Strong knowledge of Saskatchewan Environmental Code and the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act.
- Practical experience performing soils and groundwater monitoring.
- Practical experience conducting air quality assessments.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Detailed understanding of Industry Practices.
- Practical knowledge of oil and gas processing.
Nice to Haves
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience working with; regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multi-task processes.
- Self-motivated and possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Looking for meaningful work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.