Resume Due Date: Friday, October 18th (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 3
Duration: 2 years
Location: Darlington, Refurb Project Office (RPO)
The main task is to be a Design Engineer during the execution phase of refurbishment. The duties include:
- Design Engineering support to Construction and facilitation for Design related field issue resolutions.
- Provide advice and/or direction, review designs and sign on design documents and Field Initiated Changes.
- Facilitate a positive outcome with EPC (Engineer Procure and Construct) vendors.
- Understand impact to cost and schedule and provide support to minimize impact.
The job requires Design Engineer technical skills, leadership and problem solving skills, as well the ability to deliver results to in alignment with the strategic and daily plan priorities.
- DE/DTL qualified or previously qualified within OPG or similar Candu Nuclear Power Plant.
- Disciplines: Mechanical, Electrical, I&C, Civil
- 5 plus years Design experience, preferably in OPG or Nuclear Industry. 10+ preferred.
- Design experience including solid experience with design for nuclear, and applicable codes and standards
- For mechanical Design, qualification for ASME Section III certification is an asset.
- Working knowledge of Engineering Change Control processes at OPG or Nuclear Industry.
- P.Eng is an asset
- Dynamic leader, excellent problem solver
- Proven ability to deliver results collaboratively in field execution environment, involving complex technical and schedule considerations.