Our progressive energy client has an immediate need for a Drafter to join their team for a 6 month contract opportunity.
We are looking for an experienced draftsperson to assist in the preparation of Legal, topographic, construction layout and As-built survey plans. In addition to supporting our daily drafting needs, this person will assist in the streamlining of our survey data workflow and will act as a hub for our quality control processes.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum eight (8) years of drafting experience or equivalent.
- Create and revise complex and detailed drawings clearly by calculating dimensions, elevations, slopes, actual scale, and using appropriate design layout for the engineering team.
- Complete technical design tasks by producing detailed engineering drawings, specifications, and related documentation, following applicable engineering standards.
- Support the procurement process by creating and revising drawings for tendering to vendors to illustrate required materials.
- Resolve drafting issues by conducting independent research to collect information on equipment specifications, related drawings, and engineering standards.
- Organize and maintain drawings by using a drawing management system to ensure security and accessibility.
Education and Skills
- Diploma in drafting or equivalent
- Advanced computer aided design and drafting skills
- Minimum 5 years of drafting experience in a full service survey office
- Excellent knowledge of Civil 3d
- Excellent knowledge of AutoCad drafting principles and industry standards
- Excellent understanding of coordinate system transformations
- Excellent understanding of Cadastral survey principles
- Excellent/current knowledge of the Survey and Plan rules (Association of BC Land surveyors)
- Good general knowledge of survey measurement techniques and error sources
- Good understanding of the various coordinate systems in use in BC.
- Able to perform/Understand basic survey calculations
- Excellent general computer/software knowledge
- Experience working with 3D laser scan data and the various associated software packages is an asset
- Knowledge of GIS software is an asset
- CAD drafting or geomatics related diploma is an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.