Our dynamic Energy client has an immediate need for a Project Coordinator to join their team for a six month contract position. The role will be located out of their Burnaby, BC office.
The Project Coordinator provides project coordination and administrative support through a project’s entire life-cycle enabling successful completion of the project safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum four (4) years of infrastructure project management administration work experience or equivalent.
- Assist the Project Manager in creating project plans and risk management plans by using tactical planning methods and risk response strategies so that projects are completed safely, with quality, within budget and on time.
- Monitor project budget by tracking cash allowances, commitments, forecasts, variances, and actual spend as well as preparing necessary finance related documents for the project such as purchase requisitions, change orders, and payment requests to keep the project within allocated budget.
- Support the Project Manager in maintaining meaningful relationships with stakeholders by delivering relevant progress reports through coordination and monitoring of resources so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Communicate professionally with internal stakeholders and third-party suppliers and contractors by writing emails and meeting agendas and responding to requests using the business communication guidelines.
- Assist the Project Manager with the planning, implementation, and on-site coordination of project activities including organizing and attending meetings, preparing equipment and materials list, and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders so that projects are well executed.
- Keep the Project Manager informed of project status by tracking the progress of project tasks, providing status reports, and adjusting schedules and tasks as directed by the Project Manager in response to changing demands and priorities.
- Ensure easy retrieval, safeguarding, and proper version control of documents by organizing communication materials using document management systems and following document management standards.
- Provide advice to the Project Manager and team by researching, developing, and presenting options to solve project issues that arise.
Education and Skills
- Diploma in Technology or in a related field such as Business, Engineering, Science, or equivalent
- Excellent working knowledge of project management principles
- Intermediate skills in computer applications such as SAP and MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
- Class 5 Drivers License required.
- Works in a standard office environment. May involve some travel within BC.
- Knowledge of the philosophies, principles, policies and practices of project management for large multi-million dollar projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of project planning and implementation.
- Knowledge of project management systems, applications and tools.
- Knowledge of power system infrastructure development.
- Knowledge of budgeting and basic accounting principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of project regulatory approval and permitting processes.
- Knowledge of procurement and construction contracting.
- Knowledge of corporate strategy, functions and objectives.
- Ability to develop project management plans for major projects, monitor performance and develop strategies and options to improve results.
- Ability to monitor budgets, prepare financial analyses and other technical and analytical reports.
- Ability to provide project leadership in implementing various project and communication strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain a broad network of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to utilize MS Project, Adobe Professional, MS Office suite of products including Word, Excel and Power Point, and SharePoint at an advanced level.
- Ability to understand business issues and utilize business acumen in undertaking the work.
Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, team leadership and facilitation skills.
- Technical writing skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.